While I certainly did not make all the Christmas presents that we gave this year I did make a lot!! I think there is a certain energy that is soaked up into whatever we make and then give to someone else. Not only are we making something unique and special we are passing on lots of positive energy!!
Some of the things that I made this year:
1. A fleece wolf scarf for my youngest. It wasn’t very fancy but he is obsessed with wolves and I had a perfect piece of fleece with gray wolves on it that was destined to be made into something for him.
2. Skittle flavored vodka. Found a cute recipe on Pinterest, tweaked it and doubled it and whipped up batches of candy flavored yumminess. I packed them in cute little apothecary looking spice jars I found at a thrift shop.
3. Mixed media art. I made 2 mixed media art pieces this year as gifts.
4. Gypsy Tutu. I made this for my niece. Pieces from a leftover cotton jelly roll mixed with ribbon, lace and tulle made a cute little dress up skirt for her!
5. Scrabble Nameplates. My kids have a couple of male elementary school teachers and I always find them the hardest to buy/make a Christmas gift for. However these were a big hit!!
6. Scarves. Lots of different variation of scarves were made and wrapped this holiday season.
I posted a few pics below. Sadly I am the worst at remembering to take pictures of my creations. It is going to be one of my goals for 2012!! Especially since I rarely ever make 2 of the same thing.
I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas!!